Keg Creek Brewing Co is a 15 barrel brewhouse with 15, 30, and 45 barrel fermenters and brite tanks. We also maintain/use our original 3 barrel brew house to help develop recipes. The plant is built for distribution in a two/three-state area while also focusing on sales out of the taproom. We produce and offer our 8 base beers with up to 15 creative rotating beers.
The Assistant Brewer will assist our Head Brewer on brew days, perform the primary functions of the cellar, and have the opportunity to lead their own brews and recipes on our pilot system.
The Assistant Brewer position may require some assisting in our Taproom.
The below is not a full list of job requirements. Your industry knowledge and experience should provide you the proper knowledge of the position requirements.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Malt handling
- Finished beer handling – racking, transferring, carbonation, kegging, packaging, monitoring, etc.
- Dry hopping & other post brewing operations
- Cleaning: CIP brewery equipment/tanks, cleaning the overall facility.
- Brewery organization & management.
- Draft line cleaning
- Attending & actively participating in team meetings & planning
- Participation in events both on and off-site.
- Professional brewery experience and/or professional training
- General computer skills
- Reliable transportation
- Professional personal presentation and brand representation
- Packaging/canning knowledge or experience is preferred
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs to shoulder height and team lift, push or pull 165 lbs
- Must be able to work on your feet for 8 hours or more
- Must be able to crouch, bend, lift, twist, and reach
- Must be willing to use ladders & lifts
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, wet, loud, and unpredictable environments
- Must be able to work around electricity and harsh chemicals
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks in a production-line setting
- This position may come into direct contact with hazardous materials such as chemicals, noise, and equipment. Hazardous materials include CO2 as well as loud noises as part of the brewing process
- Packaging and canning knowledge or experience
Competitive salary based upon previous work experience and expertise.